Since Christmas is just a mere 47 days away – (give or take a few days because I am really not that great at math…) – and I am what you could possibly call a wee bit Christmas obsessed, I decided to do a roundup of posts pointing to some really great ideas for homemade gifts in a jar.
Gifts in a jar can include anything from pies, cakes and cookies, to bath salts and candles. Your imagination really is your only limit. I have made these types of gifts, as well as bought some at craft fairs, over the years – and they are always well received by whoever they are given to.
So, some of the better ideas I have found by snooping around on the net include:
1. Sunshine Cookie Mix in a Jar: These would be great any time of year – and can even just be given to someone who needs to have their day brightened a bit!
2. Cowgirl Cookie Mix: These look amazing – and come with complete instructions for decorating the jar, as well as printables you can use to make yours look exactly like the picture above.
3. Cookies in a Jar for Santa: These are perfect to give out ahead of time and let the kiddos help to make their own cookies to give to Santa on Christmas Eve! This one also has printables you can download and use.
4. Oatmeal Cookie: Just because who doesn’t love oatmeal cookies?!?
5. Single Serving Pie in a Jar: These look SO good – and can be used for any kind of pie! They can even be frozen if needed, or given fresh. These are great for any time of year.
6. You’re Sweet as Pie: This recipe is for pear and raspberry pie, and it looks absolutely delicious!
7. Apple Pie in a Jar: And this one is because everyone loves apple pie – and this one looks yummy!
8. Chocolate Cupcakes in a Jar: These look heavenly:-)
9. Cupcakes in a Jar: Can be used for any kind of cupcake, and comes complete with very detailed instructions.
10. Red Velvet Cupcakes in a Jar: These ones were made for a Valentine’s Gift – but they could be given at any time of year…and I am pretty sure they would be VERY much appreciated!!
11. Brownie Mix in a Jar: A great recipe that even the kids can help with.
12. Homemade Cake Mix: This is a recipe for a cake mix that can be used however you want. She shows you a cake she made using this mix – and I would be including this recipe with the cake mix when giving it as a gift. It looks stunning!
13. Friendship Soup Mix in a Jar: A great soup that you can give out at any time of year.
14: Country Soup in a Jar: A very easy to make soup that comes with detailed instructions to include when giving the soup as a gift.
15: Chicken Noodle Soup Mix in a Jar: There wasn’t a picture for this one, but everyone loves Chicken Noodle Soup. This is the one that can be given to anyone who is under the weather, or as a nice Christmas gift for those cold winter days.
16. Salsa: Salsa is a great gift idea! And especially at Christmas when there are lots of things going on requiring snacks, salsa is something that most people like – and gives you a break from chocolate!
17: Amish Peanut Butter Spread: This just sounds SO GOOD!
18: Cinnamon Honey Butter: Another recipe that I think would be wonderful to try.
19: Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Quickbread: Very good recipe that anyone can make.
20: Tropical Bath Tea Soak: This also comes with a tutorial for a bath scrubby that could be given with the gift – anyone would love to get a gift like this!
21: Sugar Scrub: There are actually a couple of recipes for different scrubs here along with ideas for decorating the jars.
22: Lemon Sugar Hand Scrub: A perfect gift for any mom who has tired, dried out hands.
These are just a very small few of the amazing gift in a jar ideas I found while looking around! I have spent quite a long time on this post – so I will have to add another post or 2 to get some of the other great gift ideas I came across!
For now, enjoy – and stay tuned for more!!